Children are truly one of God's greatest gifts. So, becoming a mother should bring the greatest joy, right? While true, the reality is that motherhood also brings the challenges of exhaustion, isolation, loneliness, and the feeling of being incredibly overwhelmed. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We believe every mother has "been there". It is when we draw together that we will find our strength, helpful tips, and the encouragement we need to raise our amazing kiddos!
Mommy Matters is a "Mommy Group" for mothers with babies-PreK
(and even mothers-to-be!).
JOIN US MONDAY MORNINGS! FALL SCHEDULE BELOW.
WHAT WILL I GAIN?:
- Much needed adult conversations & hopefully some sanity along the way
- Parent advise from professionals as well as other moms who have been there
- Friendships and understanding with others in the same stage of life as me
- New playdate friends for my children
WHEN: Mondays, 9:30-11:00 am
• 1st Monday - Parental Advice from a Professional
• 2nd Monday - Offsite playdate
• 3rd Monday - Q&A small groups by various topics with other moms
• 4th Monday - Offsite playdate
• 5th Monday - Offsite playdate
WHERE DO I GO FOR MEETING DAYS?:
Woodway Methodist - 21000 Woodway Drive
(The church with steeple on Hwy 84 frontage road across from Badger Ranch)
*Enter through the BACK glass doors by the playground.
On 1st & 3rd Mondays, our Childcare Team will be ready to play with and entertain your little ones so that you may have some "mommy time" and adult conversation without distraction. Of course, if your little one is so little that you want your child to stay with you, that's okay, too!
We take your child's safety seriously! Our Childcare Team and volunteers are "Ministry Safe" qualified, meaning they have gone through a 5-steps training, including a background and reference check.
COST: It's free!
(exept when the offsite option has an entrance fee...ie. "zoo", "Mayborn Museum", etc)
PLUG IN & get REENERGIZED this Fall!
- 16th - Kick-Off Day...Come check us out! Meet the Childcare Team and introduce your kiddos to our fun nursery and preK area in the Kid Zone. Learn more about what "Mommy Matters" will offer you & enjoy some fun with other moms!
- 23rd - Offsite Playdate @ Hewitt Park
- 30th - Offsite Playdate @ Chick-Fil-A on Franklin
- 7th - Car Seat Check & Travel Safety for Kids...Get your car seat installation checked by a professional!
- 14th - Offsite Playdate @ Poage Park ***MOVED TO CHURCH PLAYGROUND DUE TO WEATHER. WE WILL PLAY INSIDE IF IT IS STILL RAINING. - Woodway Methodist (21000 Woodway)***
- 21st - Q&A Groups: Breastfeeding / Potty Training & Bed Wetting
- 28th - Offsite Playdate @ Cameron Park Zoo
- 4th - Infant & Child CPR Training
- 11th - Offsite Playdate @ Waco Veterans Day Parade
- 18th - Q&A Groups: To be chosen by moms who attend Sept meetings!
- 25th - HOLIDAY BREAK - Happy Thanksgiving!
- 2nd - Pampering Moms Day - Special surprises await!
- 9th - Offsite Playdate @ Common Grounds/Slow Rise Pizza in Woodway
- 16th - Q&A Groups: Santa options / Gift Wrapping fun & more
- 23rd & 30th - Holiday Break - Merry Christmas!