What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregations Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one to one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is...
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for care giving who was called by God to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring Christian friend who listens, supports, cares, prays, and encourages.
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there is a need.
For more information on how to speak with a Stephen Minister or how to become a Stephen Minister Contact: Ruth Smith